GOA Goa is a coastal region located in the western part of India famous as most popular tourist destination. Bounded by Arabian Sea on one side and land on the other sides, this region boasts 30 and more beaches. It is the smallest region of the country and fourth smallest region in terms of population. Ruled by Portuguese in the past, this region is famous for fusion of European and Indian culture and beauty. The Western Ghats running through the region makes it lush for wildlife and flora too.
Goa is one of the most important tourist spots in the country because of its beauty and culture. If you love beach and adventure activities, this is the best place to enjoy.Activities to enjoy in Goa
The main activity to enjoy in Goa is water sports. Top beaches to visit are
1. Arambol – Paragliding, markets, yoga classes, parties and others
2. Agonda – Fishing, boating, picnicking, spa, bike ride on beach, church and others
3. Anjuna – Wednesday flea market, nightlife, beach parties and others
4. Calangute – Jet skiing, sun bathing and other beach activities
5. Candolim – Sunbathing, shopping and others
6. Colva – Relaxed picnicking, beach strolling and others
7. Dona Paula – Water scooter, motorboat, water skiing, parasailing, snorkeling, sport fishing, yachting, kayaking and other water sports
8. Palolem – Strolling, picnic, boat ride, dolphin spotting, kayaking, scuba diving and others.
If you are looking for pilgrimage activities, you can find numerous churches in the Old Goa region like,
Bom Jesus Basilica
Saint Joseph Vaz sanctuary
Our Lady of Immaculate Conception
Mater Dei Church